Last night, I went to hang out with two friends who are very near and dear to me. I ended up spending the night at their house. This morning a pang of anxiety hit. I love these two people but I started longing for home. Finally, it hit me. Every night, I put the kids to bed and afterwards take a long hot bubble bath. I lay there and float till the water cools. I let the water drain partly out and refill with the hottest water along with more bubbles. I asked my friend if she minded if I take a bubble bath know she did not care. As I layed there in the tub, I relaxed. My anxiety went away. What I did not do was use the hottest of water and fill their tub twice. I would not dare. The idea strikes me that my nightly bubble baths are one of my guilty pleasures. Urban Dictionary defines a guilty pleasure as something a person enjoys often while said person morally believes the practice to be wrong, abnormal, improper, or incorrect. I’m not sure I like the definition. If we enjoy doing something, we should not feel guilty about it. Right?
What are some of your guilty pleasures? Here are 10 of mine. I wonder if any of yours are the same as mine?
- Taking my nightly bubble bath as I described above. This is by far, my most favorite guilty pleasure. I could probably cut our water bill in half if I did not refill the tub. It is just so relaxing.
- Facebook and Zynga Texas Hold em Poker. My day is not complete till I check Facebook and the house is quiet enough to get in a few hands of poker.
- Working out in my living room at mid-night half-naked. I do not know what it is that appeals to me about this nightly ritual but I cannot help myself.
- Chocolate Milk. I try to only eat 1000 calories per day. Yet, I can’t seem to resist some good ol Chocolate milk.
- Sleeping naked on the weekends. When my kids are at their dads house on the weekends. I am sleeping butt naked. I love it,.
- AcroChallenge I play this game in the adult room only. I love this game and have to have daily dose. I play in the adult room. The game gives you some letters. Everyone types in a dirty sentence then votes for the best. It gets crazy. For example: tham Tonight, Hump At Moms.
- Panties and Lingerie. I love my panties and soft silky lacy lingerie. I will buy these before I buy clothes.
- Blue-Grass Music. People think I am insane. Who cares? I love it!
- Knee High Toe Socks.
- Sleeping late. I do it every chance I get!
These are mine! What are yours?