A poll of 80 women were asked about the latest releases.
Here are the titles that will take you at-home routine to the next level.
- Best Total-Body Trimmer; Bob Harper Inside Out Method Pure Burn Super Strength You will need a pair of 3 to 10 pound dumbbells. This “all business” head to toe workout shows another side of Harper, The Biggest Loser‘s good cop.
- Haute Yoga Hybrid: Denise Austin Hot Body Yoga. You will need a yoga mat, a pair of 2-5 pound dumbbells. Austin has a “do what you can positive attitude,” testers say–perfect for newbies.
- Butt and Thigh Master: Barre Total Body Lift Workout. You will need a 9-inch soft ball (included), a yoga mat, a chair a pair of 2 to 3 pound dumbbells (optional). The combo of ballet barre work, yoga and Pilates uses “slow and controlled movements” to make your muscles feel it during and after.
- Boxing Champ. Aerobarre. You will need a pair of 1-pound dumbbells, a weighted body bar. You’ll never be bored with this inspired mix of boxing and ballet from instructor Leila Fazel of New York City’s hip Aerospace gym.
- Top Trouble-Zone Tamer. Exhale Core Fusion Lean & Toned. You will need a yoga mat, a chair, a pair of 3-5 pound dumbbells. Consider this DVD a compilation of the most requested spot toning: The five segments are divided into upper body, thighs, core, butt and abs.
- Fab Ab Tightener. Jillian Michaels 6 Week Six-Pack. You will need a yoga mat, a 3 to 8 pound dumbbell. Don’t be fooled by the title: Your not cranking out sit ups here. Michael’s, America’s favorite drill sergeant, makes sure “there isn’t an unused second” during either of the firm and burn circuits, between standing and on the floor exercises, cardio and toning.
- Best Dancefest. Dance With Julianne: Just Dance! You will need nothing. Instructor Julianne Hough of Dancing With the Stars fame has experience with newbies, and it shows.
- Maximum Flab Melter. Jeanette Jenkins Blast The Belly Fat. You will need a stability ball, a yoga mat, a pair of 3 to 5 pound dumbbells. Testers vow to use this cardio and toning DVD “over and over.”
- Sizzling Circuit Workout. Amy Dixon Super Fit Bod! You will need an aerobic step, a pair of 5-pound dumbbells. This isn’t your mother’s step class. Celebrity instructor Amy Dixon, group fitness manager for Equinox Fitness Clubs in Santa Monica, California, keeps each of the si 4 to 10 minute mini sculpting sessions sweaty with high impact cardio, like jumping squats onto the step and high impact cardio, like jumping squats onto the step, and challenging sculptors, such as one-legged dead lifts with a lateral raise.
- Ultimate quickie Makeover. Personal Training With Jackie: Xtreme Timesaver Training. You will need a pair of 3 to 5 pound dumbbells. The star of Bravo’s reality show Thintervention With Jackie Warner shares her training secrets in this”well-rounded” heart pumping workout featuring back to back full body moves.