Valentine’s Day is tomorrow. If you are like me, you have waited till the last-minute to buy that special someone a gift that expresses your love. Money is tight there is no doubt about that so what is one to do? Every guy in the world has to hate tomorrow or at least get jittery about how he should express his love. Guys if you can afford to just go all out you should and send her a bouquet of balloons, flowers, and chocolates(her favorite kind of course) to her at work. Have you ever been on the job and every delivery of roses you see you think to yourself, “are those for me?” You feel your chest rise because you are holding your breath. The delivery guy passes on by taking them to a co-worker and you let out your air. There is no greater feeling than for that delivery to be for you. If money is tight, you still have plenty of options just use your imagination. Girls if Valentine’s Day is for lover’s then why not try surprising him for a change? At any rate, I have put together a list of some inexpensive and cool ways to express your love. I hope it helps you!
- Music makes the world go round. Why not say it in a song? Burn a CD that means something for him/her. Be sure to use songs that you know they like and not corny ones. This way every time they pop that CD into the stereo and listen to it they will be thinking about you!
- Record yourself reciting a poem that you wrote for your special someone to listen to on the way to work. If the idea of writing a poem is unheard of to you, then check out the 10 greatest love poems of all times. She will be impressed that you even knew the poem.
- Have a winter picnic in front of your fireplace. If you do not have a fireplace, prepare a nice dinner complete with candle lights. Start conversation by telling your Valentine how thankful you are to have them in your life. Then reflect on your fondest memories of one another.
- If you have trouble expressing your feelings, write them down in a letter to your loved one. Was it love at first sight? When did you realize you were in love? What do you hope the future has in store for the two of you.
- Frame a photo of the two of you.
- Run away for the night. Who cares where? Go parking. Re-create your first date. Run away together then decide. spontaneity is great!
- Leave little love notes everywhere for him or her to find during the day. Call them every other hour and recite silly limericks or love quotes to them. Make your lover smile.
- A single rose that is hand delivered by you with a kiss is so much more effective than a dozen sent to the office. Hold for a moment and tell her you love her. Wow!
- Create your own spa and spoil and pamper each other. Use plenty of oils and give each other a full body massage. Who knows where this may lead?
- Go to the river and slow dance with each other till midnight or at least until the sun goes down. If it is too cold where you live, park by the water and listen to music and just talk while you share a bottle of wine.
The most important thing to remember about Valentine’s Day is that the day should mean something. Tomorrow is not the day you should lavish her with expensive gifts and then you work late at the office and forget about it. Valentine’s Day is special and so is your lover. The person you love should be pampered and treated like a King or Queen tomorrow. Your expressions of love should come from the heart. Show that person how much you love them by letting them know they are your world. It does not matter what you go out and buy. The greatest gift of all is each other. Let them know. May everyone have the best Valentine’s Day ever!